Samstag, 7. Dezember 2013

IFC & Tsim Sha Tsui East Promenade

On Thursday, I meet Sherman, a Hong Kong Chinese man, working with Deloitte. He took me to a traditional dim sum place in Sheung Wan. I would have hardly been able to find the restaurant on my own as the restaurant was on the 2nd and 3rd floor. It's more a place for locals to have lunch. I was the only non-Chinese speaking one. So I was glad that my companion asked for the dim sums. Dim sum are Cantonese snacks served with tea for breakfast or lunch. Each dish is shared among the people sitting at the table. As it was an old-style restaurant the waiter passed by with a cart. All we did was stopping him and choosing from the cart. And everything we chose was really yummy. ;)


As the weather was finally sunny, Sherman recommended me to go to IFC to visit the museum of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. One IFC and Two IFC is Hong Kong's most luxurious shopping mall with more than 200 fashion boutiques. The Monetary Authority is on 55th floor in Two IFC. You have a perfect view up there.





 And besides the view - I learned something about Hong Kongs's currency.



In the evening I took the Star Ferry over to Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade to see the sunset. This was actually quite nice, too.













Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen