Sonntag, 10. November 2013

Bye bye Germany & welcome to Hong Kong



Well, it was finally time for me to say "bye bye Germany" in Berlin on Thursday evening. I flew via Zurich to Hong Kong. Flight time for the 9.289 km from Zurich was about 11 hours. Time passed by quite quick as a young Hongkong-Chinese man was sitting next to me. While having dinner we chatted about living in Hong Kong. Afterwards I soon fell asleep. The plane landed shortly after breakfast was served. Actually it was 5.20pm local time when we arrived. Entering Hong Kong as a tourist is not difficult at all. All you have to do is stating your name, passport number and the flight you arrived with.

The new airport of Hong Kong has been built outside the city. So it took me about an hour to get to my apartment. The landlady was already waiting for me. One of the first things she was saying regarding my room was: "We do have a shortage of housing space in Hong Kong". Well, I can not disagree with her. My room is quite clearly arranged...













You won't get lost in the kitchen and the lavatory either. But everything is neat and clean.  














There are two more interns living in my apartment. They are German, too. The reason is that my Chinese landlady found out that Germans are clean and reliable. So she is only renting rooms to Germans now. ;-)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Christin,
    I'm sorry to write back so late, but I've been really busy getting used to the new status as a mom :).
    I've been flipping through your blog and the experience you are living looks really awesome, I hope you're having a great time and experiencing a lot both personally and professionally.
    I'm fine, and so is Ana Maria. She's a lovely sweet baby :) and I'm falling in love with her every day more.
    If you can give me your e-mail address again, I'll be happy to send some pics.
    Best wishes for 2014 and hope to hear from you soon!

    Kisses,
    Alexandra

    AntwortenLöschen