Samstag, 16. November 2013

The Peak & Sheung Wan

Monday was time for me to go up to "The Peak". It's the highest point on Hong Kong island with 552m.Knowing that it's one of the must-sees for all tourists, I chose a weekday to go there. Unfortunately, the weather was quite cloudy and windy. But the advantage was The Peak was not crowded. So I could walk around the hiking trails without meeting too many others. Despite the weather, I liked being up there as it was the first time I saw the Hong Kong closely at my feet.













In the afternoon I went further west to Sheung Wan. That neighbourhood is said to be Hong Kong's wholesale district. If you are interested in buying dried seafood, ginseng root or birds nests, I advise you to go there.










Moreover, Man Mo Temple is there. Built in the middle of the 19th century, it is one of the oldest and most famous temples in Hong Kong. As I showed some interest in getting to know more about Buddhist culture, a man sitting at the entrance of the temple explained to me some details of worshiping several Buddhist gods .













Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen